Sunday, February 22, 2009


While growing up in Rhode Island, Joe Cannon used to dream of living in the country. So naturally he moved to Los Angeles. "I thought that was the country!" Joe says. But the closest he got to real country life in L.A. was at Universal Studios where he worked as a horse barn cleaner. It was there his true talent was discovered and he was given a role on the television show "The Virginian" as a singing horse barn cleaner.  "Singing made the difference in how my clothes smelled at night" Joe confesses.

Eventually Joe's manure melodies got a bit stale, so he moved up to San Francisco and got a regular gig at the Tarr & Feathers Saloon, singing songs he'd learned in his room 20 years ago. He finally settled down in Sun Valley, Idaho. "This is it, the country, or about as country as I'd like to get after living in the city for so many years." City Boy's Country Dream is an album of all original compositions, released by JDJ Records in Sun Valley, Idaho. There is no date on the record.  Any guesses?





8 Comments:

Yamahoni said...

Joe Cannon sing like Neel Diamond who I like and like Elvis Presley who I like and other people who I like. But why? can I ask is it not downloading but streaming. Thanks you, Yamahoni, Nagasaki 540-038

Lucie said...

Hi Yamahoni,

Did you have problems downloading any other songs? The basic way to download, if you're on a Mac, is to click on the link, wait for the song to load, and then go up to File > Save Page As.

If you're on a PC, I think you control right click on the link, but I'm not sure. in fact I could be completely wrong about that.

Alex said...

on a PC you just *normal click* on the song title and then you can either *open* with your choice of application or *save as* in the folder of your choice. Good luck, Yamahoni!

Alex said...

you can't call me Mr. Gumdrop
when all I eat are Charleston Chews.

and you can't call me Mr. Kindling
when all I did was help you snooze.

Lucie said...

Alex you are HILARIOUS!

Anonymous said...

Joe Cannon is one of the greatest song writers and singers every. I love him and wish I could hear more of him!

Wayne said...

I've known Joe Cannon for 35 years and I can honestly say the man is a singing peach of an entertainer that will keep you engaged all night. Mr Energy! Makes a good friend too!

Wayne said...

I've known Joe Cannon for 35 years and I can honestly say the man is a singing peach of an entertainer that will keep you engaged all night. Mr Energy! Makes a good friend too!